Monday, August 18, 2008

If God Sees The Sparrows Fall...


No one likes trials.
Well, normal people do not. :)
Nevertheless, trials come and trials go. Lots of the time, they come at inopportune moments.
Sadly, my friends and I found ourselves wrapped up in a small trial a few days ago. We got caught up in "liking" people. There is nothing wrong with teen crushes...I'd be worried about you if you didn't have them. :) But, playing the dating game is to stressful and unnecessary for kids. And, no matter how much we try to deny it, teenagers are kids! We may be slightly more mature then the elementary age, but not my that terribly much.
I've learned a lot over the past week or so. At this point and time in my life, I don't need a "relationship" or the stress it would bring to my life. After having my emotions raked over the coals, I've decided that it is not worth it. :( It hurt to much and to deeply :( God has a husband already picked out for me, and until He shows me who that guy is, I'll stick with my horse thank you. :) Oh, I'm sure I'll "like" other guys between today and my wedding (lol), but for the time being, I'm good with how life is sailing.
One of my dearest friends told me this, "I would like to sit down with all the girls of the youth group and tell you all a little story about a girl named Ann that had a romance when she was 17 -I learned a lot about God's grace, His mercy and his love. And how much we need to protect our hearts from what satan would want to do to ruin us from being ready for the "true love" that God is molding for us. I know God has someone special for you - His timing is best - and His guy is best!!!......"
What my friend said is so true! God's timing is best...always has been, always will be. Though I sometimes think about the past couple of weeks and whistfully think about what might've been, I'm glad God protected me from to much heartache.

No comments: